I found out yesterday that the part we need for replacing the wheel well liner (also known as a wheel tub) is not an off the shelf part. Winnebago is probably digging around the back of some dusty warehouse looking for a 15 year old mold to re-manufacture the part. It will take three more weeks just to get parts. It makes me wonder if this one could have been plastic-wielded or epoxied or something faster. But the part was already ordered before I knew it. I guess that’s one more thing to keep in mind.
If we had been full-timers we could have had a temporary repair and stayed in the area. As it is, we will get the RV back sometime in the end of September. That’s okay though, that is when things start getting cool enough to go out again.
I’m also wondering if the RV would have been unusable would an insurance company pay to put us up somewhere for two months. Another thing to add to the list of questions.
After my tread separation waaaay back in May, I starting dealing with the insurance company. That was the easy part. Then I went around in circles trying to find a full-service RV collision place near here.
Blowouts can be aggravating. Particularly if they are on the inside dually. Even more so if you don’t have proper equipment to change one. You go a bit higher up the aggravation scale after 30 minutes on the phone trying to get roadside assistance from your automobile insurance company and they can’t find you no matter if you give them GPS coordinates and highway crossroads.
I don’t know anyone who likes to work on toilets. I don’t like to. But I do like saving money when I can, so work on a toilet I did. My Thetford Aqua Magic IV had a leaky blade seal. It wasn’t too bad. When we were out camping the bowl would hold water well enough. But parked in the driveway, it would all leak out in a day or so. The seal was dried out and beyond saving by the end of the winter storage season. I did a little research and found it was a fairly simple fix. Read More